Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Odds and ends

I finished exams on Saturday, all in all I did very well.  The plus side is not I have 3 weeks off to work on the house, oh and that whole x-mas thing.

I've been working on a few odds and ends including that last pieces of wall sheathing.  The worst piece was above the bay window, I finally gave up trying to figure it out on the actual sheet of OSB and brought my measurements inside to Sketchup.  10 minutes later I had a print out with all the measurements I needed, and it even fit perfectly!  Computers make some things easier.

I also drilled all the holes to extend the threaded rod from the bottom plate all the way to the top plate.  I just have to pull the tarps off so I can put the rods in.  Unfortunately I only have 8 rods and I need 13.  I added a 1/2" rod in each of the front corners, it needs to be welded at the bottom.

The South side has the Typar on but not completely stapled down, I have to sneak under it to cut out the OSB around the windows and door.

I also cut 1 1/2" off the top of the first rafters to allow venting and to put 2x4s in to allow for the outriggers, I'm hopping to get these done tomorrow and then I can start sheathing the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment