Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Fixing the welder setup

I ran errands in the morning.  Last time I had said my welds where better but I'm still not happy with them.  I'm doing MIG welding and the way it works is a small steel wire passes thru a copper tip.  The copper tip electrifies the steel which then arcs to the pieces of metal I am welding.  I decide to pick up a new tip to see if it helps, it turns out the size of the hole in the tip I was using was 0.005" too large.  When I put the proper size tip on it was like night and day.  I spent the rest of the day redoing some of previous welds and a couple of new ones.

Expenses to date $4,081

No comments:

Post a Comment