Today and yesterday where busy days. Between classes on Wednesday I picked up the wood for the rafters and ridge boards. In the evening I went over to my brother's and cut all the rafters. He has a very fancy siding compound miter saw that I needed to cut the 10" rafters for over the living room. I decided to go with 24" O.C. over the living room with 5/8" TG plywood. This will save about $80 and 100 lbs. The loft will be 16 O.C. for two reasons; it only has a 15 degree pitch and I'm only using 8" rafters.
I started today putting the vapour barrier between the loft floor and bathroom wall. It was an interesting job because I had to put the acoustic sealant between the studs and vapour barrier. In hind sight I should have done this before I put the loft floor in. Next I put the subfloor back down after letting it dry out for the last week. I spent the evening putting together the two loft walls.
Expenses to date: $8,294