Saturday, 26 October 2013

I have walls!

Today I was like a kid in a candy store.  I've been looking forward to this stage for weeks, maybe even months.

The first wall is on the bottom, you can see the stacked lumber that is supporting it.  This was to raise the wall high enough to clear the wheel wells when flat.  Next some plywood was laid down just to have a work surface for the second wall.

One of my classmates organized a build day for me and 6 people showed up to lend a hand.  I had a really hard time keeping ahead so I could have their next job ready for them.  We framed the rear wall with only two minor mistakes.  Like I said I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Finishing touches on the second wall!

Since it's hard to get so many people together at once we decided to put the two completed walls up before the end wall where build.  It took a lot of muscle to lift the walls onto the threaded rods but we got them on.  The best part is everything fit perfectly!  We even managed to put the tarps over it to ward off tomorrows rain.

Expenses to date  $7,781

No comments:

Post a Comment