Friday 9 August 2013

All squared up

After pulling all the screws my roommate came out and helped me square up the frame.  The strap in the picture is tightened which in turn shortens the long diagonal.  The final result after everything was screwed back down... drum roll please ... 288 1/4" to 288 3/8" or withing 2/16".  Woo hoo, it only took 5 hours to fix.
In the afternoon I shortened the left rear and right front outriggers and moved the anchor holds on the right rear.  The adjustment ended up changing the dimensions by 1/4 to 1/2".

The past few days have all been sunny and 32 to 35C and this evening was no exception.  I glanced at the weather forecast and saw it might rain, I was tired from the long days but I still tarped everything over.  The next morning it rained buckets for about 30 minutes, moral of the story, always check the forecast.


Expenses to date $5,545

No comments:

Post a Comment