Monday, 19 August 2013

Delay on account of SIPs

I spoke with the SIPs company last Friday.  I was told the earliest I would be able to get the SIPs is the first week of September.  It took the wind out of my sails.  I didn't order them sooner because I wanted to floor mostly done so I could make sure my model matched what I had built.  Good thing too because the house is 1" shorter then it should be.

I also spoke with a company that provides wool insulation last week and still have not heard back from them.  I guess I'm going with fiberglass.

I spent the last few days mostly relaxing with family but I did finish all the flashing on the bottom of the trailer.  I also wrapped each of the outriggers in typar (like tyvek).

With the outrigger upside down
 And on it's side
The wasps have been really bad and the spray has not done it's job.  I tried to buy a wasp trap today but all the stores where sold out so I bodged together one.  I'll let you know if it works.

Expenses to date $5,761

No comments:

Post a Comment