Thursday 15 August 2013

Flashing, no not that kind!



My roommate, who is being very generous with this time, gave me a hand putting the flashing on the bottom of the floor.  It was messy, hot and tedious.  Even when we got into a rhythm it took about an hour to apply each strip, luckily there where only 4 to do.  We only applied construction adhesive done the side that overlapped the previous piece.  We then screw the flashing at each joist in two places.  The overlap is 6" on a 24" wide flashing.




After take a break I came back and finished dry fitting the sewage plumbing.  I then notched out the joists where the pipe would pass thru and placed everything.  The slope is about 1/4" per foot.  Everything looks like it will work.  I had to cut a hole in the plywood to make room for the shower trap.  I'll be adding about 4" of insulation under it to keep it from freezing in the winter.


Expenses to date $5,571

No comments:

Post a Comment